Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Writer's Bookshelf

I am constantly in search of books to make my writing shine, my plot stand out, and the overall process of my writing life better. I have found over the years that with each new piece of knowledge and understanding the process of writing and editing becomes less burdensome and more enjoyable.

In light of that I thought I would share some of the writing craft books on my bookshelf. And, no this list is in no particular order.

First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner









Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass









Story by Robert McKee










Save the Cat by Blake Snyder










On Writing by Stephen King










Creating Character Emotions by Ann Hood










The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman and Barbara Puglisi










Query: Everything You Need to Get Started, Get Noticed, and Get Signed by C.J. Redwine









What writing books do you have on your shelves? Which are your favorites?

6 comments:

  1. I used First Draft in 30 Days when I started writing and it's a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I don't use everything in it, but it definitely helps with outlining before I write that rough draft.

      Delete
  2. The last couple days I've really been thinking about this kind of thing. I've heard the Stephen King one is really good. I'm also dying to get my hands on 'Second Sight' by Cheryl Klein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of 'Second Sight'. I'm going to have to go check on that one. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic collection, Heather. I'm studying Story this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working my way through it. I'm a little over half way through. It is so much information to take in. Great book!

      Delete