Thursday, December 13, 2012

Six Month Countdown to the Release of Triangles!

TRIANGLES will be released in about six months! To kick off the countdown, I'm going to introduce the six major characters, one each month, until the release on June 18! I'm also including a contest with each character. The details follow the introduction. Today, the main character, Autumn Taylor, is up!


Hi, my name is Autumn Taylor. I'm a Jersey girl, but my one goal in life is to escape Jersey and never come back. Maybe I’ll go out west, or to New England, or even to some quiet place like Montana. I’m sure I’ll be okay out there, even though I’ve never lived anywhere else. After all, if you can survive Jersey, you can survive anything.


Anyway, too much has happened in my life for any seventeen-year-old to deal with, but I’m a survivor. No one else who loves me survives, though, or so it seems. My dad died rushing home for my seventh birthday. If I hadn’t forced everyone to wait for him to blow out my candles, he wouldn’t have been speeding and would still be alive. And my mom? Yeah, she’s in a coma because of me, lying in the hospital like a swollen slab of ham, all full of tubes and wires. If I hadn’t snuck out of the house one night and busted her car, she’d be fine, too. So now, my older sister, Jessica, is stuck babysitting me, even though I know she has better things to do.


See what I mean? I’m like a poison or something.


Besides that, all I have left for me here is my best friend, Nisha. She doesn’t want me to go, but she understands me. And the guy at work who follows me around like a puppy, Joey? I’ll be happy to lose that shadow, no matter how sweet he seems to be. I refuse to get tied down to any guy at this point. Nothing is going to stop me from making my escape.


The only thing I have to look forward to is my cruise to Bermuda with my sister. I’ve never been on a cruise before, but from what I hear, nothing beats a great tropical vacation to take your mind off the crappy stuff in life. Here’s to hoping for the best vacation ever.

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into Autumn and her story, coming in June! Next month, I’ll introduce Joey, the guy who likes Autumn, and have another contest! Thanks for stopping by!


TODAY’S CONTEST:



1. Comment on this blog post answering this question: What do you think happens to the people who go missing in the Bermuda Triangle? Your answer can be serious, creative, or silly!



2. Tweet about this contest using the hashtag #MysteriousBermudaTriangle. The link to that tweet must be included in your comment. If you don't have Twitter, you can do a status update on Facebook. Include that link. Doing both would be even better!



3. If you’d like, add Triangles to your Goodreads to-read list here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13610402-triangles
 and
Like the Triangles page on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/TrianglesYA?ref=hl 

That's it!

Now for the prize:

Your choice of a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card!

Some more contest details:
Contest starts December 13, 2012 and ends December 26, 2012, 11:59pm EST. Winner will be announced December 27, 2012 on this blog.
Contest is International.
Each month, I will introduce another major character and have other prizes!
You must be 13 years old to enter.
Winner will be chosen using random.org.

23 comments:

  1. I think people are thrown forward in time several thousand years and end up living our their lives in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Autumn's character description! Full of voice!

    For your question..."What do you think happens to the people who go missing in the Bermuda Triangle?" ... My mind runs wild, and I think something sinister goes on! But I really wish that something magical would happen, in a good way, instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Maybe all those people go to some wonderful place that we aren't aware of. Wouldn't that be amazing!

      Delete
  3. People who go into the Bermuda Triangle will end up having their luggage be the last item removed from the plane on their flight home. : P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer! I've been through the Triangle a few times and never had luggage issues, thankfully!

      Delete
  4. I think they are abducted by aliens and taken for experiments to horrible for us to comprehend. :) I have already add Triangles to my Goodreads list and was happy to see there is a Facebook page for the book so I followed that also. I tweeted here: https://twitter.com/spoildbrat31/status/279356909776150528
    I am so excited for this book and happy to get to hear about the characters early.

    Merry Christmas,
    Marlena
    charmedpoms(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a bummer for sure! Thanks for adding Triangles and the follows! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out! And check back here each month, because as soon as I get advanced reader copies to give away, I'll have another contest! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :)

      Delete
  5. I guess I am pretty boring but I don't think anything happens to them other than their ships going down, though it would be cool if they went to an alternative universe or something. Looking forward to the release!

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

      Delete
  6. I think people who get lost in the Bermuda Triangle become perpetually tan like Snookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm - if they get transported to Hawaii, I'm so there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that people actually just disappear! Well that is what everyone says lol! I honestly don't think that anything happens! I would love to go one day just to see what does happen though lol!

    Thank you for the giveaway! :)

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookCrazy1/status/282548410123440128

    I also shared on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Book-Crazy/464076600289542

    Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13610402-triangles (My name is Kendall on Goodreads)

    I already like the Triangles Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kendall! I followed you on Twitter! Thanks for sharing and adding Triangles! Have a wonderful holiday and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for introducing me to Autumn. Now I am really intrigued to read what happens. As for the Bermuda Triangle, I also have been thru it a few times & always thought the missing, people, planes & other things were transported to another dimension. Maybe in space? Maybe in the Atlantic? maybe up above? Maybe a parallel universe? But I do know that they never come back to tell the tale of where they have been. MERRY CHRISTMAS KIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ree! Glad you made it through without a problem! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  11. I think something like really bad electrical storms that are drawn in that area for some unknown reason, cause problems to their vessels (be it a ship,plane).Which get hit by lightning and causes a fire and they go down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, nothing like that ever happened to me when I went through it!

      Delete
  12. https://twitter.com/DebbieLappen/status/282935323804196864

    ReplyDelete
  13. they probably get stuck in time kind of like groundhog day but never ending until the next decade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that movie! If they do get stuck, hopefully it's on a good day for the travelers! Thanks!

      Delete