Thursday, October 24, 2013

Musical Manuscripts

Let's face it. Eveery now and then in life things happen and our entire schedules can be turned upside down. That happened to me a few months ago. I was moving from New Jersey to Texas and had way to much to do. The problem now is getting back into the writing grove. Things have begun to slow down and we are getting into a routine here in Austin. But, my writing is still lagging. And not for a lack of will.

I sit down to write, but my brain strays, too often. I have been juggling three separate projects. Hoping one will stick and catch my attention. I finally had a break through a couple weeks ago on one of those manuscripts. Still I can't get my mind fully on this one and away from the other two. I can't seem to focus long enough to really get much done.

So I have been playing musical manuscripts. I grab one binder out, make notes, open files on my computer, and do a little bit of work. Before long, my thoughts turn to a different project. And the same process takes hold again. It's been a confusing month around here.

A couple weeks ago I posted that I am going to dive into NaNoWriMo this year again. I'm hoping this will help get me back into my daily habit of writing. And make me settle on one project.

Have you ever had a hard time sticking with one manuscript long enough to get anything done? What are your solutions to this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment