Thursday, May 10, 2012

Let Me Introduce Myself - Part II

Hello and welcome to Writers By The Shore! I thought I'd give a quick howdy y'all!

That's right, I said howdy and y'all in the same sentence. I know that WBTS is based in New Jersey, and while I live in the Garden State I'm originally from Texas. Well, that's if you don't count the fact that I was born in Wyoming and spent the summers of my early life in Utah. This background definitely shines through in my young adult paranormal novels set in New Jersey, Texas, Utah, and a distant dystopian society.

I'm currently a stay-at-home mom of two, a 13 year old daughter and 2 year old son. When they aren’t giving me a run for my money I’m either writing, editing, or reading a good book. I also hold a bachelor's degree in history and three teaching certificates which I have yet to enjoy the full extent of. I'd love to return and earn my doctorate in history later down the road. Right along with the history theme I'm an avid genealogist and enjoy researching lost family members. Since I've been writing so much in my free time the past few years my family tree hasn't grown much, but I still do plenty of research for my manuscripts.

Speaking of manuscripts, I have one very close to the query stage and two more in the editing process. I’m hoping to have all three in query mode by NaNoWriMo. I’d like to take that time to write something new. I can’t wait to share my stories with others. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

Come visit me at any, or all, of my other internet haunts. Let me know you're a follower of this blog or my own! :-)

Adventures in Writer Land
Twitter
Facebook
Google+
Goodreads
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment