Monday, May 13, 2013

I've Been Tagged!

My critique partner, Heather Simone, tagged me on a fun blog hop where we all get to talk about our WIP's. My WIP is still a newborn - an outline and a few chapters - so I was got a little superstitious about answering these questions. I mean, what if I start talking about it and the magic of writing the thing just goes POOF!

Ah, shucks! I'm a writer. I know how to live on the edge :) So here goes nothing...

Here are the questions! 

What is the working title of your book?
Miraculous Meggie

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I've had this idea for a LOOOONG time. I wanted to tell the story about a girl whose mother was a life coach, but didn't know where to go from there.

What genre does your book fall under?
Middle Grade Contemporary

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I haven't started thinking about this. Someone young of course since my character is 11 y.o. She is an average kid. Cute, a little too serious for her own good. Have any ideas?

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Meggie dreams of being the perfect big sister, but when her little sister, Dolly, is born with medical issues, Meggie turns to her crazy classmate, Wanda Huffnagle, to get her a miracle.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? The publisher of my first book, Holiday House, would be a great fit for this book I think. But I'm open.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Uhm...still working on that :)

What other books would you compare this story to in your genre? I try not to compare because this is MY book, but I do love Rebecca Stead's style.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest? Uhm...it takes place in Brooklyn, where I grew up and it's a lot of fun remembering my own childhood memories from that place. Here's one memory of a hot summer day in Brooklyn!

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment